Saturday, March 14, 2009

Muffaletta Sandwich from the Central Market, New Orleans





















According to the Today Show, there are five "must try" sandwiches: pastrami from Katz's Deli on Houston Street, a Philly cheesesteak but I don't remember where to get it, a muffaletta from Central Market, New Orleans..... and I don't remember the other two, but I have it written down somewhere and it's in a safe place.

The pastrami from Katz's is fantastic; be sure to add some french fries and a plate of mixed pickles.

While I haven't had the Today Show recommended cheesesteak, the best one I've had was in College Park, Maryland. A couple of University of Maryland graduates from Philadelphia opened the place and it's very sucessful. The perfect cheesesteak is supposed to be topped with Cheese Wiz, a food I've never warmed up to. So I opt to have mine with real cheese.


And now for the muffuletta! I had one or two last year, so I couldn't wait to have one for lunch today. It was better than I remembered. I'll probably have another one on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment